Thursday, August 17, 2006

Travelling

At dinner last night I was asked how many places I have visited. So, I dusted the list that I had complied some time ago and found I have been to 38 countries and around 92 places/cities etc, give or take 5 or 10. I always thought I have been to more places than that. Take my travel schedule this past 6 months. I went to Estonia (Tallin), Slovenia (Ljubljana), Russia (St Petersburg), India (Bangalore, stopover in Paris), Singapore (3 times), Indonesia (Bintan) and US (New York, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Katmai, stopover in Chicago). I think some of the Singapore nutz may have done even more travelling. Is there world really becoming smaller? Maybe it is because we are tired of the same places? I did more travelling just to be away from London. I wonder if New York will tie me down...

2 Comments:

At 21/8/06 16:26, Blogger zambonisam said...

You can make your own map of the countries you've been to on http://douweosinga.com/projects/visitedcountries or on http://www.43places.com.

Also, if you've been to 100 countries, you can join the Travelers' Century Club. Although most people look like they're 100 yrs old by the time they reach that goal.

 
At 25/8/06 12:24, Blogger TravelnutZ said...

Using the Traveler's Century Club very liberal criteria, I have been to 51 countries. 50 more to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home