Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bad service galore

After my trip to Asia, I thought my spell of encounters with bad service was behind me. No such luck. I went to take my blood test yesterday and the person working there was out for a lunch break. It was 4pm. How long can lunch be? Apparently she has not been back for a while as her co-worker was complaining loudly about it the whole time I was waiting. Rather than helping out with the patients, co-worker felt that time was more effectively used complaining and berating the person when she returned. All this took about an hour of my time. The person who returned then tried to make me leave as she claimed I would have a long wait. She spoke to me loudly in Mandarin asking me to come another day. Good thing I was well enough to say no, very loudly in English. She probably thought I was some FOTB she can bully. Anyway, she apologized later for making me wait.

One happy note, it was snowing while I was waiting and the flakes are still beautiful even viewed from a doctor's office. It is -12C in NYC now. (10am)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home