Friday, November 03, 2006

Of Britain and the British


I made a trip back to good, old jolly London last week. It was last minute and so was good fun catching up with friends. Interestingly, while I was there, I got a letter from my credit card company stating that I had attempted to draw 15,000 pounds from my credit card account. I found out subsequently that my check book was stolen (I did not even know that I had a check book for my credit card account). Whoever stole in obviously had too high an opinion of my credit standing and income and expected to be able to draw around USD30K from me. I made the usual calls and told the card company to never again send me a check book and disabled my card. Regardless, I continue getting letters for 14K pounds, 12K pounds and today 10K pounds. Obviously not too clever a thief.

While walking back to my apartment last night, I came across a film crew working a door away from my apartment lobby. As I checked with my doorman if anyone famous had came around, a film crew-member piped that Ewan Macgregor was coming by shortly. Apparently they are filming in an apartment in my building. Wow, I feel like I live in a real, cool building. BTW, the film is called 'The Tourist'. I hope it would be a smash hit and my building becomes famous as well!

4 Comments:

At 7/11/06 15:39, Blogger quierotango said...

o-me-wan ewan also. maybe if jacky chan comes rumble in the bronx again, i might see someone famous in my building.

 
At 7/11/06 15:45, Blogger TravelnutZ said...

The Mall is very tempting. Let me know when. I need to visit London regularly to check on my people there.

BTW, did anyone notice my deliberate attempt to write like a English person...

 
At 7/11/06 17:48, Blogger quierotango said...

yes, it in fact did not escape my notice, my jolly friend, that you also used the double negative. not too shabby an attempt. i also noticed your reference to a classic in your title. you have geek friend who will do anything to escape the toxic world of chemicals.

 
At 15/11/06 15:43, Blogger quierotango said...

"not too clever" although not really double negative, but very brit. of mice and man, by steinbeck is the literary reference in the title.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home