Wednesday, October 04, 2006

back on my feet

Singapore can be a cruel bearer of truth -– weightwise, at least. In new york, I’m “skinny”, “little”, “tiny”, I need to “ go eat a sandwich before you disappear altogether”. In the Bronx (even the whole of new york), big butts are good; in singapore, they’re just a monstrosity. Back in Singapore, I have “aunty” arms, as a (very) honest friend pointed out to me; my tummy is sticking too far out in comparison to the concave ones I see on the MRT; and everything about my body is too big. Everybody looks like stick insects to me. The crunch (no pun intended) came when a friend’s mom said to me, “wah, ni3 fei2 le4, hor? Fei2 hen3 duo1 leh.” Always count on mothers (friends’ or your own) to tell you the BIG, FAT truth. And then I met ex-ceo tao huay for dinner, and it turned out she was running and exercising, and she looked good and healthy and trim. So I promptly signed up for the gym when I got back to new york. Four years after a failed attempt with tao gay at low-end Dolphin’s gym in Astoria, where sweaty men huffing and puffing away served more as a deterrent than a motivation, I’m getting on the treadmill again, this time at high-end gold’s gym downtown. Perhaps the lavender scent and swanky bathrooms will inspire me to work hard, if not the super svelte girls in their Nike garb. Target: 9 lbs in two months. Method: 30 minutes sprinting on tread mill three times a week for two months. Diet: cannot change. Wish me luck!



no more cupcakes... sob

1 Comments:

At 7/10/06 13:45, Blogger SuperSt*r said...

I ran yesterday 4.5KM and felt some burning sensation in my tummy, today i felt trimmer already!

Also you have to change your diet, you got to input less and output more - eat less exercise more. Try not to eat carbs during dinner cos you do not exercise after dinner and carbs will convert to fats. I got it from a tv on women's beauty and health.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home